| Arts, Culture & Historic Preservation|
The Arts, Culture and Historic Preservation Commission shall provide advice and recommendations to the City Council and staff on matters within the Commission's scope and duties and that have been referred to the Commission by the City Council, Mayor, or City Manager. The scope and duties of the Commission include providing advice and recommendations in the following areas:
- Programs for the Cultural Enrichment of the City
- Coordinating and Strengthening existing organizations in the Cultural Arts field
- Methods to encourage private initiative in the Arts and Culture
- Formulate Programs and Methods to encourage creative activities, as well as to encourage increased public understanding, appreciation and enjoyment of the cultural and art forms and activities
- Review and make recommendations upon all works of art to be acquired by the City, either by purchase, gift or otherwise, and their proposed locations
- The Designation and Inventory of Historic Resources and Districts. (Ord. 03-2 § 1 (part))
|Sam Hayashi |
|Ian Branaman, Alternate Member |
This commission meets quarterly on the last Monday of the month at 6:00 PM in the Council Chambers. All meetings are broadcast live on WAVE Cable channel 20 and AT&T channel 99, and replayed on the following Tuesday at 12:00 PM and Friday at 7:00 PM. The Commission is staffed by the Parks & Recreation Department (617-4620).
View meeting and agenda information!