| First Time Homebuyer Program|
******As of December 1, 2017, the FTHB Program is no longer active and no applications are being accepted.******
When this program is operational, qualified homebuyers may receive up to $50,000 or 35% of the purchase price of a home (whichever is less) towards the purchase of a home located in West Sacramento in the form of a deferred zero-interest second loan.
Additional requirements may apply. For information and to apply, please call NeighborWorks HomeOwnership Center, Sacramento Region (who administers the FTHB Program for the City) at (916) 452-5356.
- Preference will be given to persons living or working in West Sacramento.
- Homebuyers must be at or below 80% of Area Median Income for Yolo County. (See income table)
- Applicants must meet the following criteria to qualify for the program:
- Be a First Time Homebuyer;
- Have consistent payment history and stable income for a minimum of two years;
- Provide verification of legal presence within the United States;
- Attend a homebuyer workshop conducted by NeighborWorks HomeOwnership Center. Call (916) 452-5356 to register for classes;
- Have a three percent (3%) downpayment. Up to 2% of the 3% downpayment may come from other non-loan sources such as gift or grant funds. At least 1% of seasoned savings must come from the buyer’s own funds.
- New and previously owned single-family homes, condominiums, and manufactured homes on permanent foundations in the City of West Sacramento are eligible for assistance. Purchase agreements for new construction homes cannot be signed until after the start of the pouring of concrete for the foundation.
- Dwelling units must be "modest," so they may not exceed three (3) bedroom and two and one half (2 1/2) bathrooms unless there are documented extenuating circumstances.
- Maximum purchase price for CalHome and CDBG funded loans is 85% of CAR median home sale price for one and two-bedroom units and 90% of CAR median home sale price for units with three or more bedrooms. The maximum home purchase price for HOME funded loans is $299,000 for existing homes and $319,000 for new homes.
- Homes must pass an inspection by a City-approved inspector, be in compliance with local building codes, and be free of health and safety hazards.
- Rental units are not allowed unless the unit has been vacant for 4 months, or unless the current tenant is the homebuyer.
- The homebuyer must live in the unit. The loan will be due and payable if the unit is sold or rented out.
The City of West Sacramento complies with all state and federal fair lending regulations to assure nondiscriminatory treatment, outreach, and access. Reasonable accommodations will be made for persons with disabilities upon request.
Para información en Español oprima aquí o comuníquese con NeighborWorks HomeOwnership Center, Sacramento Region al (916) 452-5356.