| Police Volunteers|
Student Internship Program
The West Sacramento Police Department has a voluntary internship program which provides valuable knowledge and experience, college credits and networking opportunities. The goal is to give students exposure to all facets of a law enforcement agency. It is designed primarily for, but not limited to, those majoring in a law enforcement related program.
The internship requires a minimum of 10 hours of participation per week for at least one semester. The schedule is designed by the student to flexibly accommodate school and work commitments. Contact your school’s internship program for information on obtaining educational credits.
The minimum qualifications for the program are:
- Enrollment in a college or university
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Word and Outlook
- Must successfully pass a background investigation
The West Sacramento Police Department is currently not accepting applications for our Student Internship Program at this time. Check back for future openings.
Volunteers in Policing
The West Sacramento Police Department Volunteers in Policing Program (V.I.P.) is comprised of citizen volunteers over 18 years of age. By matching skills with Department needs, we can utilize a resource that can improve our effectiveness and efficiency. This also increases the level of service we can provide to the community.
Our volunteers perform a variety of duties and assist in various functions of the Police Department:
- Receptionist, "public greeter" at the front desk.
- Patrol City parks and schools for suspicious activities.
- Transport vehicles and equipment, as needed.
- Assist Crime Prevention Unit and Neighborhood/Business Watch Program.
- Assist Youth Diversion Officer.
- Bicycle registration and tracking.
- Attend and assist with community events.
- Conduct tours of the Police Department.
- Clericial support.
- LiveScan fingerprinting.
- Vacation house checks.
The West Sacramento Police Department is always accepting applications for our VIP Program.