Did you know it is illegal to throw batteries away as trash? Batteries contain hazardous components that require special handling.
West Sacramento residents have several options to properly recycle dead batteries:
- "At Your Door Special Collection Services" - Residents are entitled to 2 household hazardous waste (HHW) pick-up appointments per year at no additional charge. Call WM at (800) 449-7587 or visit www.WMatYourDoor.com to schedule a HHW pick-up appointment.
- Drop them off at one of the following West Sacramento locations:
- 1st Floor of City Hall, 1110 W Capitol Avenue
- Fire Station 45, 2040 Lake Washington Boulevard
- Sacramento Battery Company, 3616 W Capitol Avenue
- Drop them off at the Yolo County Central landfill free daily. Located at 44090 County Road 28H, Woodland, CA 95776. Open Monday thru Saturday, 6:30am to 4pm and Sunday, 8am to 4pm. Closed for holidays.
- Seniors and disabled residents, who are unable to drive, may call Yolo County at (916) 617-4656 to schedule a FREE HHW pick-up appointment. For more information about this and other Yolo County HHW services click Here.