Residential curbside services include garbage, mixed recycling, yard waste and used motor oil and filter collection. All commodities are collected every week. More information about all of our programs may be found in the Program Brochure.
Residents may choose from the following size garbage carts: 35 gallon; 64 gallon or 96 gallon. Service fee is based on the size of the cart. Please refer to the fee schedule to determine current service fee. Fee Schedule All commodities are collected every week. Click the collection schedule to find the service day for your street. Please note: Curbside service is unaffected by holidays, with the exceptions of Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s Day. Residents will be notified in advance of any changes to their pickup schedule as a result of these holidays.
|If your service is missed, please call: (916) 617-4589 |
Where to Place Materials
Please place carts as shown on the diagram so they do not block drain flow in gutters. Allow at least 2 feet between the carts and keep carts at least 3 feet away from cars, boats and other objects to avoid damage from automated collection vehicles.
- Material must fall freely from carts when dumped, please do not overload
- Containers may not be serviced if they are overloaded, are not accessible or include unacceptable materials
- Curbside collection starts at 6:00 am. Containers may not be placed at the curb before 12:00 noon the day before pick-up and should be removed within 24 hours of the time of collection.
|Click cart image below for more information |
Used motor oil and filter recycling
Recycling Used Motor Oil in West Sacramento is as close as the curb. Simply call Utility Billing Division at (916) 617-4589 and ask for a used motor oil container. The container, and a filter recycling bag, will be delivered to your home within 2-3 business days. Once full, place the sealed container of used motor oil at the curb, near the yard waste cart, on your regular refuse collection day. After draining your used oil filter, place in the reclosable bag and place alongside the oil container. The oil will be emptied from the container and the container left for reuse.
You may also take used motor oil and oil filters to a local collection center:
- Auto Zone, 1400 W. Capitol Avenue (916) 372-6386
- O'Reilly Auto Parts, 709 Jefferson Blvd (916) 372-1411
Back to top