Call for Art: Arts in the Heart
- Date: 08/31/2019 (all day)
- Location: Gallery 1075
1075 West Capitol Ave
West Sacramento, California 95691
Call for Art: Arts in the Heart Prospectus
Gallery 1075 is now accepting submissions until midnight of August 31st. The exhibition will be a part of a larger celebration at the West Sacramento Community Center during October.
All artwork must be related to multiculturalism. Artists will be asked to explain how each piece relates to the theme. Artwork may be of a celebratory nature, comment on social justice, or reflect a multicultural perspective and focus. Artwork will be accepted based on its relation to multiculturalism and room within the gallery. All area artists are welcome, however artists with ties to West Sacramento will be given preference.
There are no fees associated with this exhibition. Gallery 1075 does not sell or participate in the sale of any artwork. All sales are the responsibility of the artist after the exhibition closes.
- 2-Dimensional original works, digital and traditional mediums, are all welcome.
- Artists may submit up to 3 works, not all works may be accepted.
- All Artwork must have been created in the last 5 years.
- All artwork must be related to theme of multiculturalism.
- Work previously exhibited within Gallery 1075 will not be accepted.
- Art must be hang-ready upon delivery.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: Arts In the Heart Submission. Please attach images, list your name, work titles, age (if under 18), medium, and dimensions (and frame dimensions) of each work in body of the email. Tell us a little about how each piece relates to the theme of multiculturalism. Please tell us about your ties to West Sacramento if any.
- Artwork will be accepted based on its relation to multiculturalism and room within the gallery.
- Artists will be notified of acceptance on Wednesday, September 4th
- Accepted Artists must complete an exhibition contract, release of liability, and a title card sheet prior to exhibition.
- Gallery 1075 will create and supply title cards for each work.
- Accepted artworks are the only pieces that will be exhibited, no substitutions.
- Artist Bios and Statements are optional and will be on file in the gallery during exhibition for the public.
- Art drop-off times and pick-up times are listed below. The Community Center is not open on weekends.
Call Deadline: August 31st
Notify artists: Wed September 4th
Art Drop Off: September 25th-26th 8am to 6pm, Sept 27th 8am to 5pm and Sept 30th 8am to 6pm
Exhibition: 10/2 – 10/30
Reception: Saturday Oct 12th Time: TBD
Art Pick-up: Oct 31st- Nov 1st 8am to 6pm, Nov 4th-5th 8am to 6pm
For additional guidelines or considerations please see below:
a) 2 dimensional work only
b) Max size 36 in x 48 in, 50 lbs max
c) All work must be properly and securely wired in the back
d) Paper works must be framed and under glass, over 28 in x 36 in must use Plexiglass
e) All accepted artists will be responsible to sign and return an exhibition contract and release of liability provided by the West Sacramento Community Center prior to display. The utmost care will be used in accepting, storage, and display of all received artworks.
There will be no hanging of artwork directly on walls. Your artwork must have the ability to be hung from the back by a horizontal hanging wire. Art must be hang ready upon delivery with a horizontal wire in the back. For example, artwork can be framed with a braided wire on the back or a gallery canvas with a braided wire attached to the back. On the back of the frames, a wire will need to be mounted. Ideally, the wire needs to be 1/3 down from the top of the frame and been strung as tight as possible. Unstable, extremely fragile, broken, mended, or chipped work will not be displayed in gallery.
Email email@example.com with any further questions or inquiries.
Below is a recap video of the 2018 Arts in the Heart event.