Arts in the Heart: A Celebration of Diversity and Arts in West Sacramento
- Date: 10/12/2019 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM
- Location: Community Center
1075 West Capitol Ave
West Sacramento, California 95691
- Introduction: Create sugar skulls, contribute to a mural, and engage with many types of art at this event!
The West Sacramento Community Center invites residents to the free Arts in the Heart event on Saturday, October 12th from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Arts in the Heart is a celebration of arts and diversity in the heart of West Sacramento showcasing the multicultural pride of the community. Guests will be treated to a variety of family-friendly music and dance performances, hands-on art activities, art reception, vendors, informational booths and food.
- Color and draw part of a community mural
- Paint a calavera, also known as a sugar skull. Local art commissioners will be voting on the best created skull, treating a lucky family to bragging rights as winners of the inaugural art contest.
- Chalk up the the sidewalk between the Community Center and Los Rios Community College (with weather permitting)
- Mingle with artists at the art reception inside Gallery 1075. The exhibition will feature art from local artists. The various artworks will be connected in their pride and celebration of their heritage. The exhibition will be on display throughout the month of October.
- Add a picture to the Community Center’s altar for Día De Los Muertos. The display is created every year to honor passed loved ones and will be on display until November 4th.
- Enjoy performances by local dance groups in the Black Box Theater.
For more information, please visit westsacfun.org or call (916) 617-5320.
What Does Parks & Recreation Do?
West Sacramento Parks & Recreation consists of four separate functions: a Parks Division, Recreation Division, Early Learning Services, and our Tree Program. The Parks Department provides recreation and leisure opportunities with its park facilities and recreation programming. These programs are designed to help local residents improve their overall health and quality of life.
Recreation Center Leisure Pool Opens June 6th!
Summer Pool Hours
Saturday & Sunday 12:30-5:30pm
Help avoid lines by:
1. Renewing your Rec Center pass in advance!
2. Update all waivers on your account.
3. Bring your Rec Card or Key Ring Rewards app for quick check in at the side gate!
- Special Events
- Rentals: Parks & Facilities
- Latest Map Showing All Of Our City Parks and Public Facilities