Healthy Snacks Day
- Date: 09/11/2019 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Location: Communicare’s Salud Clinic
500 Jefferson Blvd
- Introduction: Get Healthy, Easy and Affordable Snacking Tips
Adults, children and families are invited to join Yolo County and Californians across the state to learn how to make healthier snack choices between major meals and as part of an overall balanced diet on Wednesday, September 11 from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. at Communicare’s Salud Clinic, located at 500 Jefferson Blvd.
Healthy Snack Day will provide recipes, tips and tools to help individuals and families achieve healthy snack victories with every choice they make, both on-the-go and in-the-home. Attendees will participate in hands-on, fun activities to learn about healthy snack options for every flavor craving – sweet, savory, crunchy and spicy. Plus, a couple of healthy snack recipes will be featured and available for taste-testing. Activities include:
- Origami Snack Finder: A folded paper game for children that promotes healthy snacking based on their favorite flavors and includes take-home recipe cards.
- Healthy Snack Day Pledge: A pledge for attendees and their families using dry erase boards that documents goals for healthy eating. Sharing on social media channels is encouraged!
- Personal Recipe Finder: A digital experience at www.HealthySnackDay.com that will help users identify the perfect snack recipe based on their favorite ingredients.
For more information, please read the full press release.