Washington District Sustainable Community Infrastructure Project
Please visit the Washington District project website to view full project information.
West Capitol Avenue Closure- West Capitol Avenue continues to be closed between Grand Street and 5th Street for the reconstruction and reconfiguration of West Capitol Avenue, Parking Lot and 7th Street. Local traffic access will be maintained to residences and businesses during construction.
Washington District- E Street removal of existing hardscape began to make way for the new hardscape improvements that will include colored sidewalks, ADA ramps and planter boxes with wrought iron fencing. The E Street planter boxes, curb & gutter, driveways and Sparkle concrete sidewalks are nearly complete. The installation of curb & gutter and sidewalk is complete on F Street.
Schedule for Next Two Weeks
- Complete remaining curb & gutters, storm drain hoods and vertical curbs
- Complete installation of street lighting foundations
- Install aggregate base course in the roadways and parking lot
- Trench paving and slot paving on E, F and G Streets will be completed by the end August
- Installation of landscaping has begun on E & F Streets
- Installation of lighting foundations on E, F, 7th Street and West Capitol Avenue
- Demolition on G Street is complete and concrete work is scheduled for the 2nd week of September