Holiday Art Celebration at Community Center
The West Sacramento Community Center invites residents to the free Arts in the Heart event on Saturday, October 13th from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Arts in the Heart is a celebration of arts and diversity in the heart of West Sacramento showcasing the multicultural pride of the community. Guests will be treated to a variety of family-friendly music and dance performances, hands-on art activities, art reception, vendors, informational booths and food.
- Color and draw part of a community mural themed around various cultural traditions including the Mexican holiday Día de los Muertos, also known as the Day of the Dead.
- Paint a calavera, also known as a sugar skull. Local art commissioners will be voting on the best family created skull, treating a lucky family to bragging rights as winners of the inaugural art contest.
- Chalk up the the sidewalk between the Community Center and Los Rios Community College (with weather permitting)
- Mingle with artists at the art reception inside Gallery 1075. The exhibition will feature art from local artists including Manuel Fernando Rios, Delgreta Brown. The various artworks will be connected in their pride and celebration of their heritage. The exhibition will be on display throughout the month of October.
- Add a picture to the Community Center’s altar for Día De Los Muertos. The display is created every year to honor passed loved ones and will be on display until November 2nd.
- Enjoy performances by local dance groups, including the Community Center Jazz Dance and Tippy Toe Ballet classes and a routine by the River City Dance Academy in the Black Box Theater.
For more information, please visit westsacfun.org or call (916) 617-5320.