Recreation Center Hosts Safe Trick-or-Treating
Safe Trick-or-Treat at the Recreation Center
Join us at the West Sacramento Recreation Center on October 27th for a free, family friendly, mildly haunting Halloween festival! There will be games, face painting, bounce houses, costume contest and lots of candy for the little ghosts and ghouls! Dress up in your favorite costume and come enjoy the fun from 4 p.m. until 6 p.m.
Canned food donations are gladly accepted for the River City High School's Interact Club so that they can help families in need during the Thanksgiving holiday season!
Tips to Ensure a Safe Halloween
- Costumes should be light-colored. Fasten reflective tape to dark costumes or have children carry glow sticks or flashlights so they can see and be seen.
- Avoid loose fitting costumes to prevent trips and falls.
- Remind children to keep away from open flames and candles since costumes can be extremely flammable.
- Instead of flames, use battery-powered candles to decorate your home. Keep decorations away from flames and other heat sources.
- Know the plans and whereabouts of older children and remind young children to use sidewalks, avoid cutting through yards and to look both ways before crossing a street.
- If driving on Halloween, slow down and be extra careful when driving through neighborhoods.
- Children should never trick-or-treat alone and always be accompanied by a responsible adult.
- It is recommended that parents inspect any treats before allowing children to consume them. Avoid candy that has loose wrappings, is completely unwrapped, has puncture holes, or is homemade. Small children should not be allowed hard candy, which could be a choking hazard.
- Only trick-or-treat at well-lit homes and never go inside a stranger's home or vehicle.
The City of West Sacramento wishes everyone a safe and happy Halloween!