Stay Inside to Avoid Unhealthy Air
Residents of West Sacramento and the surrounding region are being urged to stay indoors if possible to avoid unhealthy air conditions caused by smoke from the Camp Fire in Butte County.
Along with staying indoors, the Yolo Solano Air Quality Management District recommends the following actions.
- Avoid outdoor activities regardless of health or fitness level.
- Close windows and doors in buildings and vehicles. Children, the elderly, women who are pregnant, and people with respiratory or heart conditions should be particularly careful to avoid smoke exposure.
- Follow your doctor’s directions regarding asthma management plans. Call your doctor if symptoms worsen and whether you should leave the area.
- Check or replace air filters in the home. Use the ‘recirculate air’ option if possible.
- Lower other sources of indoor air pollution. Smoking cigarettes, using gas, propane and wood-burning stoves and furnaces, spraying aerosol cans and even burning candles or incense can increase particle levels in a home.
Fire Marshal, City of West Sacramento