Call For Art - Gallifrey 1075: A Time Lord Inspired Art Exhibition
Help create a display of artwork that celebrates over 50 years of science fiction and time travel! This exhibition will feature local artist renditions of Gallifreyan art and pop culture and will be on display throughout the month of May. An art reception will be held Wednesday, May 1st from 5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. and the exhibition will accompany the annual Intergalactic Expo on Sunday, May 5th.
How to Apply
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "Gallifrey 1075 Submission" and attach images, list your name, work title, age (if under 18), medium, and dimensions (and frame dimensions) of each work. Tell us a little about the work, yourself, and your ties to West Sacramento if any. Artists may submit up to 3 pieces of art. Artwork will be accepted based on its relation to theme and room within the gallery.
- 2 dimensional work only. Max size 36 in x 48 in and 50 lbs.
- Art must fit the theme of science fiction and time travel. Art must be family friendly due to high visibility of the gallery.
- All work must be wired in the back*
- Paper works must be framed and under glass, over 28 in x 36 in and must use Plexiglass.
- There are no fees associated with this exhibition. Gallery 1075 does not sell any artwork. All sales are the responsibility of the artists after the exhibition closes.
- All accepted artists will be responsible to sign and return an exhibition contract, release of liability, and title card sheet provided by the West Sacramento Community Center prior to display. The utmost care will be used in accepting, storage, and display of all received artworks.
*Artist is responsible for providing artwork with the ability to be hung from the back by a horizontal hanging wire. For example, artwork can be framed with a braided wire on the back or a gallery canvas with a braided wire attached to the back. On the back of the frames, a wire will need to be mounted. Ideally, the wire needs to be 1/3 down from the top of the frame and been strung as tight as possible. There will be no hanging of artwork directly on walls. Unstable, extremely fragile, broken, mended, or chipped work will not be displayed in gallery. Artwork that is not properly wired upon delivery cannot be hung in the gallery.
- Call Deadline: Friday, April 5th
- Notify artists: Tuesday, April 9th
- Art Drop Off: Monday, April 22nd- April 26th 9 a.m. – 2:30 p.m., please contact to make other arrangements if needed
- Exhibition: May 1st-29th
- Art Reception: Wednesday, May 1st 5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
- Art Pick Up: Thursday, May 30th 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. AND Friday, May 31st 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., no exceptions