It's National Public Works Week
In honor of National Public Works Week, we will highlight accomplishments by our Public Works staff throughout the week.
Today, we would like to thank the team for their hard work in providing clean water and high quality sanitation services that keep us healthy and allow our community to grow and prosper.
- 3.9 billion gallons of water treated from May 2018 to May 2019
- 318 hydrants flushed
- 713 valves tested and exercised
- 2521 backflow assemblies tested and 224 repaired in cross-connection program
- 56 water distribution main repairs
- 4 Fire Hydrants replaced and put into service for increased fire suppression
- 1024 water meters repaired
- As part of the new water meter installation program in the city, 535 new meters were installed between July 1, 2018 and the present
- For 2019-2020, approximately 1450 meters are planned for installation
- 129 Water Wise House Calls have been completed over this past year. These House Calls provided assessments of irrigation systems, suggested schedules, free efficient sprinkler nozzles and recommendations for increased water efficiency.
- 181 Smart Irrigation Controller rebates have been issued to West Sacramento residents. “Smart” irrigation controllers use local weather data and landscape conditions to tailor watering schedules and increase outdoor water efficiency. For more information about the water wise house call and rebate programs, please visit: westsacramento.org/water