Apply for the Transportation Commission
Applications are now being accepted for service on the Transportation, Mobility & Infrastructure Commission. This commission works directly with City staff to develop goals and advise the City Council on many issues. This Mayor-appointed position is a great way to get involved in your community.
The Commission provides advice and recommendations to the City Council and staff on matters within the Commission’s scope and duties that have been referred by the City Council, Mayor, or City Manager. The scope and duties of the Transportation, Mobility & Infrastructure Commission include:
- Transportation Planning
- Bicycle and Pedestrian Policies and Facility Planning
- Goods Movement
- Charging and Fueling Infrastructure for Electric, Hydrogen, and other Alternative Fuel Vehicles
- Public Transit
- Ridesharing, transportation network services, and taxicabs
- Plans and Standards for Roads, Bridges, and Highways
- Flood Management Infrastructure
The Commission will be the local advisory body, pursuant to Municipal Code §2.20.121(c), for the City’s representative to the Yolo County Transportation District, the governing entity for the streetcar system, the Port Commission, and, as appropriate, the Sacramento Area Council of Governments.
Applications and more detailed information is available on the City’s website or by contacting Kryss Rankin, City Clerk at (916) 617-4500.