November Programs at Arthur F. Turner Library
All programs are held at the Arthur F. Turner Community Library, located at 1212 Merkley Avenue in West Sacramento.
- November 2: Library Comic Con, 1:00 p.m. Join us for an all-ages multi-genre entertainment and comic book celebration featuring cosplay, special guests, and more!
- November 3: Movie Matinee for Adults, 2:00 p.m. Join us for a movie (PG-13 or R) and free popcorn! For movie title, call (916) 375-6465. For ages 18 and over.
- November 6: Teen Club, 4:30 p.m. Have ideas about how to make the library better? Join our Teen Club! Make new friends, do activities, and help us plan events and programs. For ages 12-18.
- November 7: 10 Year Anniversary Celebration, 5:00 p.m. Let’s celebrate the ten-year anniversary of the completion of our building.
- November 8: Lego Block Party, 3:30 p.m. Come build with Legos! We provide the blocks; you do the rest. Small children must be supervised by a responsible adult. For ages 6-12.
- November 10: Family Movie, 2:00 p.m. Join us for a family-friendly movie (G or PG) and free popcorn! For movie title call: (916) 375-6465.
- November 11: Library closed in observance of Veteran's Day.
- November 15: Therapeutic Tai Chi and Qigong, 4:00 p.m. Learn a series of movements and breathing exercises for general wellness, stress relief, physical balance, flexibility, and fall prevention. Come in comfortable clothing; floor mats will be provided. New participants welcome.
- November 16: Teen Writing Club, 3:00 p.m. Want to improve your writing skills? Have a story to tell? Join us for a short lesson and write the time away. For ages 13-18.
- November 18: Maker Kids, 3:30 p.m. A monthly hands-on program exploring science, technology, engineering, art, and math. Small children will need the assistance of a responsible adult. For ages 6-12.
- November 20: What’s Happening Seniors?, 12:00 p.m. Are you looking to get together with active seniors and make new friends? Come share stories, learn from one another, and find out “What’s Happening” in West Sacramento and beyond.
- November 20: Evening Book Club, 6:00 p.m. Join us for our monthly evening book club. Books are collected and distributed at the meeting. This month’s book selection is The Animals by local author Christian Kiefer. Please contact Cindy at (916) 731-5504 for more information.
- November 21: Aguas Frescas, 6:00 p.m. Enjoy a glass of aguas frescas fruit juice while learning to make corn husk dolls. Materials provided.
- November 25: Tales for Tails, 4:00 p.m. Children are invited to read to a therapy dog. Parents/caregivers are asked to stay with their child. For ages 6-12.
- November 27: Library closes at 6 p.m.
- November 28-29: Library closed in observance of Thanksgiving.
The following ongoing programs continue in November:
- Mother Goose on the Loose: Tuesdays at 11:00 a.m. Ages 1-3.
- Bilingual Russian Story Time: Tuesdays at 6:30 p.m.Ages 0-5. Cancelled November 26.
- Preschool Story Time: Wednesdays at 11:00 a.m. Ages 3-5. Cancelled November 27.
- English Conversation Group: Wednesdays at 4:00 p.m. and Fridays at 10:00 a.m.
- Buddy Reading: Wednesdays at 4:30 p.m. Read out loud with a high school buddy. Ages 6-12. Cancelled November 27.
- Hug-a-Bye Baby Story Time: Thursdays at 11:00 a.m. Ages 0-12 months. Cancelled November 28.
- Hora de Cuentos / Bilingual Spanish Story Time: Saturdays at 11:00 a.m. Ages 0-5. Cancelled November 30.
Food for Fines:
Library card holders can clear $1 in overdue fines for each nonperishable food item donated at the circulation desk of any Yolo County Library location. The program runs November 4 through December 31 and there is no limit to the number of donations or reduction in fines cardholders can receive. Everyone is welcome to donate even if they do not have any overdue fines.
Pay It Forward:
Customers can donate money to help library card holders pay off their overdue fines. Donors will write a message on a star-shaped note that will be posted on a board behind the circulation desk for cardholders to redeem and lower their fines.
For more information about events at the Arthur F. Turner Community Library, contact library staff at (916) 375-6465 or visit the Yolo County Library at www.yolocountylibrary.org.