3/21/20 Update: Food Giveaway at City Hall, Yolobus Changes
Yolo Food Bank Distributes Food Outside City Hall
Volunteers from the community helped distribute free food in front of City Hall today for those impacted by COVID-19. Mayor Christopher Cabaldon was there and in this video says this was the first of weekly giveaways that will take place each Saturday morning until further notice.
- The Yolo Food Bank offers free food delivery for low-income seniors or vulnerable individuals. please sign up using this survey.
- Get updates about food in West Sacramento via text message by texting GRAPE to 888777.
- You can also volunteer with the Yolo Food Bank by signing up at http://yolofoodbank.org.
- Visit the Yolo Food Bank resource list for more information about food distributions in Yolo County.
The food distribution schedule from the Yolo Food Bank in West Sacramento is as follows:
- WSacto County Building 500 A Jefferson Blvd Canned and dry goods. 3rd Tuesday of each month 10:00 am to 10:30 am
- WSacto County Building 500 A Jefferson Blvd Fruits and veggies. Every Wednesday 9:00 am to 10:00 am
- WSacto Yolo Housing 685 Lighthouse Drive Canned and dry goods. 3rd Tuesday of each month 12:00 pm to 12:30 pm
- Yolo County Children’s Alliance 637 Todhunter ave. Room 21B. Fruits and veggies every Friday 9:30 am until supplies last
- WSacto City Hall 1110 W Capitol Ave. Groceries. Every Saturday 9:30 am until supplies last
Yolobus Changes Service
In response to the rapidly evolving COVID-19 situation in Yolo County, and in order to adhere to the Yolo County Health Officer’s most recent directive, effective Monday, March 23, 2020 Yolobus Services will be moving to an “Expanded Saturday” service level during weekdays, and modified weekend service. All operating routes will serve all of their regular bus stops unless otherwise noted. Read more on the Yolobus website.
COVID-19 Guidelines for the Home
Check out this guide that talks about staying healthy, how to talk with children about COVID-19, how to keep children engaged, what to do if you’re sick, masking, quarantines, and resources. Please read the COVID-19 Guidelines- What To Do At Home document.
Coronavirus in Yolo County
The number of confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Yolo County is six. Stay up to date by visiting the Yolo County Novel Coronavirus website.