4/27/20 Update: How to make your own face coverings
Now that the Yolo County Health Department is requiring face coverings in public, you may be in need of a mask. There are some easy ways to make face coverings. You don't need to buy one. You can make a face covering out of scarves, bandanas, t-shirts or sweaters. Find out how to DIY on the Centers for Disease Control website.
Resources for Seniors
There are many ways for seniors to get help during this COVID-19 emergency. Here are just a few of them:
- Call Yolo 211 to find local services, such as nutrition, financial, health care, and housing assistance. For senior resources please click here.
- Visit the California Department of Aging’s COVID-19 page for a list of resources for older and other at-risk adults.
- Do you suspect someone is being neglected or abused? Call Adult Protective Services at 833-401-0832.
- Suspect fraud? AARP has a Fraud Watch Network Helpline: 877-908-3360.
- Concerned about someone with dementia or Alzheimer’s or their caregiver? Call the Alzheimer’s Association: 800-272-3900.
Yolo Crisis Nursery
The Yolo Crisis Nursery is a resource helping families and their young children navigate the uncertainty of the COVID-19 pandemic. Do you or someone you know need help? Call 530-758-6680 or visit https://yolocrisisnursery.org.
Coronavirus in Yolo County
The number of confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Yolo County is 161 with 16 deaths. Stay up to date by visiting the Yolo County Coronavirus website.