Face Coverings Required Throughout CA
Governor Gavin Newsom announced today that all Californians must now wear face coverings in public places. The action is meant to halt the spread of COVID-19 cases that have spiked in recent days throughout the state. All California counties join Yolo County in requiring face coverings....a health order mandate that has been in place in West Sacramento and other Yolo communities since April 24, 2020.
Please read the state face covering order from the California Department of Public Health.
Meantime, as Yolo County progresses through the stages of the Roadmap to Recovery, residents may now participate in more fitness activities which fall under specific face covering guidelines.
When to wear a face covering:
- A face covering must be worn at all times unless you are actively exercising and maintaining 6 feet of social distancing. Face coverings are required when entering the gym, checking in, using the restroom, waiting for a class to start, etc.
- If social distancing can't be achieved, individuals must wear face coverings including gym staff, personal trainers, coaches, and volunteers.
When not to wear a face covering:
- If you been advised by a medical professional against wearing a face covering, have trouble breathing or are unconscious, incapacitated, or cannot remove facial coverings without assistance.
- If wearing a face mask creates a work related risk to staff.
- Children 12 years or younger are not required to wear a mask, but their parents must wear one and they must be informed of the regulations while their child is engaging in fitness activities. Parents must abide by proper social distancing when dropping off or picking their child up from the activity.