Washington District Sustainable Infrastructure Project Update
SCHEDULE FOR THE NEXT TWO WEEKS AND IMPACTS STARTING MARCH 19, 2018:
- A portion of West Capitol Avenue will remain closed. Demolition and grading will start the week of March 26th.
- Joint trench work on Tower Bridge Gateway, starting from 5th Street working toward 7th Street continues. Minor storm drain work in this area is being installed. This will result in minor traffic impacts of continued turn lane and shoulder closure.
- Work will begin on surface improvements on Tower Bridge will begin on March 26th and continue through mid-April.
- Continue installing sewer line on E Street, starting from the 4th Street intersection working eastward. This work will require lane closures and short detours.
- Work will begin on surface improvements on E Street will begin on March 26th, with the removal of existing sidewalks, curbs and gutters.
- Storm drain work on E Street will the installation of a 15” storm drain between 5th and 4th Street.This work will require road closures with access to local traffic.
- Continue sewer work on the F & G Street from 5th Street to 4th Street. This work will require lane closures and short detours.
The Grand Gateway / Washington District Infrastructure Projectproject will add a new segment of 7th Street connecting West Capitol Avenue to Tower Bridge Gateway and a new traffic signal at the Tower Bridge Gateway – 7th Street intersection. It will also create a Grand Gateway entrance to the City core where the Bridge District, Washington District and Downtown converge. In addition, the project will add and replace over 10,000 lineal feet of storm drain, water and sewer mains to facilitate development in the historic Washington District. Multi-modal transportation improvements will incorporate way-finding and public art to the Riverfront and will better accommodate transit, bicycles, pedestrians and automobiles.