Washington District Sustainable Community Infrastructure Project Update
West Capitol Avenue Closure
West Capitol Avenue remains closed between Grand Street and 5th Street for reconfiguration, parking lot excavation and the addition of 7th Street to Tower Bridge Gateway. Local traffic access will be maintained to residences and businesses during construction.
Schedule for Next Two Weeks
- West Capitol Avenue will continue to be closed as described above. Demolition and grading will continue through the end of April.
- Joint trench work on Tower Bridge Gateway, starting from 5th Street working toward 7th Street continues. Minor storm drain work in this area is being installed. This will result in minor traffic impacts of continued turn lane and shoulder closure.
- Rough grading for surface improvements on Tower Bridge is ongoing and continue through the end of April
- Installation of storm drain on E Street, starting from the 5th Street intersection working eastward.
- Demolition and rough grading for surface improvements on E Street in ongoing, which includes the removal of existing sidewalks, curbs and gutters. This work will require road closures with access to local traffic.
- Installation of sewer line on G Street began on April 2 and working eastward and is anticipated to be complete by the first week of May.This work will require road closures with access to local traffic.