Safe Medicine Disposal Instructions for West Sacramento
How Does it Work?
Step 1. Remove the label or conceal your name and prescription information on your medication containers.
Step 2. Prepare your medicines for disposal:
- Pills: Dump unwanted pills into a clear, sealed plastic bag. Recycle empty pill containers in your curbside recycling bin.
- Liquids & creams: Leave liquid and cream medications in their original container for disposal.
Step 3. Take your medications to the West Sacramento Police Department weekdays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Drop your medications in the secure Don’t Rush to Flush collection bin located in the lobby.
What can I put in the bins?
- Prescription medications
- Over-the-counter medications
- Medicated ointments and lotions
- Pet medications
What can’t go in the bins?
- Cannabis Products
- Hazardous Waste
- Bandages/Biological Waste
For other regional drop-off locations, please visit www.DontRushtoFlush.org.