Washington District Sustainable Community Infrastructure Project Update
Post Date:05/16/2018 9:48 AM
Return to full list >>
- West Capitol Avenue continues to be closed between Grand Street and 5th Street for the reconstruction and reconfiguration of West Capitol Avenue, Parking Lot excavation and the addition of 7th Street to Tower Bridge Gateway. Local traffic access will be maintained to residences and businesses during construction.
- Washington District hardscape removal began on E Street to make way for the new hardscape improvements that will include colored sidewalks, ADA compliant ramps and planter boxes with wrought iron fencing. Waterline installation on E Street has been completed. The installation of curb & gutter and sidewalk is anticipated to be complete by the end of May.
Schedule for the Next Two Weeks
- West Capitol Avenue will continue to be closed as described above. Subgrade is scheduled to be complete by Mid-June.
- Installation of concrete sidewalk, curb and gutters is complete on Tower Bridge Gateway.
- Signal pole and controller foundations to be installed the week of May 14th.
- Street lights are scheduled to be installed the week of May 21st.
- Installation of a waterline on E Street is complete, starting from the 5th Street intersection to the intersection of 3rd street.W ater services are scheduled to be complete the week of May 14th. This work will require road closures with access to local traffic.
- Installation of sewer line on G Street, from 6th street and working eastward and is anticipated to begin the week of May 14th.This work will require road closures with access to local traffic.