Washington District Sustainable Community Infrastructure Project Update
Please visit our webpage to view full project information.
- West Capitol Avenue Closure
West Capitol Avenue continues to be closed between Grand Street and 5th Street for the reconstruction and reconfiguration of West Capitol Avenue, Parking Lot excavation and the addition of 7th Street to Tower Bridge Gateway. Local traffic access will be maintained to residences and businesses during construction.
- Washington District
E Street removal of existing hardscape began E Street to make way for the new hardscape improvements that will include colored sidewalks, ADA ramps and planter boxes with wrought iron fencing. Waterline installation on E Street has been completed and services are completed.
The project team mailed out notices of the hardscape work and Staff has been meeting with property owners to address concerns as it relates to the proposed layout. The E Street planter boxes have begun and are anticipated to be completed by the end of June.
The installation of curb & gutter and sidewalk is complete on the north side of F Street The south side is anticipated to begin in July.
Schedule For The Next Two Weeks
- West Capitol Avenue will continue to be closed as described above
- Installation of storm drain systems on 7th Street and West Capitol Avenue is on-going
- Installation of waterline at 7th Street and Tower Bridge Gateway will be complete the week of June 25th
- Installation of street lighting conduits will begin on 7th Street, West Capitol Avenue and Tower Bridge Gateway
- Installation of E Street planter boxes will be completed the week of June 25th
- Installation of E Street curb and gutter will begin the week of July 2nd
- Installation of sewer line on G Street, from 5th street and working eastward is ongoing and anticipated to complete mid-July.This work will require road closures with access to local traffic
- Demolition on G Street is on-going to make way for new curb & gutter, sidewalks and driveways