Are you considering locating your business in the Sacramento Region? Consider West Sacramento! The City of West Sacramento is a dynamic city of 54,00 people located across the Sacramento River from downtown Sacramento. Key industries include food and ag-technology, international trade, manufacturing and transportation and logistics. West Sacramento is home to over 2,600 businesses, diverse, historic neighborhoods and a federal Opportunity Zone.
West Sacramento Opportunity Zone
The federal Opportunity Zones provide preferential tax treatment for capital gains investments in economically distressed areas. Investors may defer or eliminate taxes on capital gain investments made in designated Opportunity Zones in qualified opportunity funds (QOF’s).
West Sacramento’s riverfront including the Bridge District (TBD), Washington, Pioneer Bluff and Stone Lock have been designated as well as industrial and commercial areas between West Capitol Avenue on the north, the Sacramento River on the east and the Deep-Water Ship Channel on the south. View all of the West Sacramento Opportunity Zones here.
Please visit the IRS Opportunity Zone FAQ: https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/opportunity-zones-frequently-asked-questions and call Economic Development at (916) 617-4535.
Southport Business Park Development Incentive Program
Businesses or developers interested in constructing new buildings are eligible for reduced permit fees within West Sacramento's Southport Business Park. Southport Business Park offers shovel-ready parcels from 1-40 acres, zoned for business offices and industrial uses.
City's Regional Sewer Credits
Sewer credits can be assigned to restaurants, public food-serving businesses and new developments in the riverfront Bridge District, Washington District, the West Capitol Avenue Central Business District, and Pioneer Bluff. Please see the program guidelines and contact Economic Development to apply.
West Sacramento Business Advantages and Services
City Business Advantages and Services
- Fully-accredited West Sacramento Police Department
- West Sacramento Fire Department Class 2 Insurance Service Office rating
- Industrial development bonds and infrastructure assistance
- Low-cost City business license fee
- No City business license tax on sales or revenue
- No utility taxes on electricity, gas, telephone, water or cable
- Reduced fees and fee credits available in City focus areas
Streamlined Building Permits, Project Team, Economic Development Liaison
- Streamlined, one-stop, expedited building permit process
- Guaranteed occupancy schedule to meet company timelines
- Economic Development Liaison to Shepard permits and incentives
West Sacramento Project Team
- The City of West Sacramento will create a Business Project Team, led by the Economic Development Program Manager, to facilitate permits and occupancy for the Company's desired occupancy schedule.
Economic Development Liaison
- Economic Development staff will be assigned as your single point of contact to coordinate business license, permits and incentives with regional and state agencies.
Available buildings, "Shovel-Ready" land and Reduced Development Fees
- Extensive building inventory available for lease
- Shovel-ready, building permit-only parcels available from 1-180 acres
- Reduced connection/impact fees available in selected areas
Phases Occupancy Schedule
- The City of West Sacramento offers an expedited permitting schedule for new construction and tenant improvements. The City may allow a phased occupancy schedule, during permit and plan review, reducing the project's permit and construction timeline.
Yolo County Workforce Services
- West Sacramento Job Center located at 500 Jefferson Blvd.
- Employee recruitment, pre-screening and testing services
- Paid On-the-job training and wage reimbursement during training
- Employer Services Line: 916-275-6307 or visit www.yoloworks.org
PG&E Economic Development Rate
- 12% discount on electricity available
- Discount must be a factor in the business location
- PG&E offers design and energy rebates for energy-efficient construction
SCORE (Service Corps of Retired Executives)
- Complimentary mentoring and consulting services from experienced business owners.
- E-mail: email@example.com
Vacant Office Space
Estimated completion expected in mid-2021. More than 200,000 square feet of rentable office space will be available for lease in CalSTRS’ current riverfront Platinum LEED, zero waste certified building.
- Five minutes from downtown Sacramento
- Ample Power
- Flexible zoning (Office/Flex/Industrial)
- Northern California’s premiere business park with ready access to I-5 and I-80
- Large build-to-suit opportunities
- Significantly below-market development and impact fees provide extremely competitive cost structure
- Institutional ownership and numerous Fortune 500 companies located in park
- Significant development and leasing momentum
- Zoning permits distribution facilities and a broad range of other industrial uses
- Easy access to I-5, Interstate 80 and Business 80, just five minutes from Downtown Sacramento