West Gateway Place
The City of West Sacramento celebrated the opening of West Gateway Place on Friday, May 19th, 2017. Located in the Bridge District northwest of Raley Field along Tower Bridge Gateway, West Gateway Place is one of the first workforce housing developments in California to receive the state’s cap-and-trade funding. Co-developed by Jamboree Housing and West Sacramento Housing Development Corporation and designed by Mogavero Architects , this newest affordable housing project features 77 sustainable apartment homes, 4,000 square feet of retail space and 12,000 square feet of common areas in two four-story buildings, and close transportation with bicycle and pedestrian paths. It has recently been awarded the Platinum Award in the Affordable Community Category for the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) Best in American Living Awards. West Gateway Place is currently at full occupancy.
Washington Firehouse Renovation
The Washington Firehouse located on the corner of 3rd and C St. in West Sacramento has undergone a major renovation. Construction on the original firehouse was completed in 1940. While the building spent the bulk of its time as a fire station, it also housed a police station and was occupied until 1997. It remained vacant until Burgers and Brew signed as a tenant in 2016.
The Bridge District
The Bridge District is a waterfront orientated urban mixed-use district located along the West Sacramento side of the Sacramento River. This district includes recreational amenities such as River Walk Park, Raley Field, Mill St. Pier, The Barn, and the newly installed Subtile art piece. Housing is also booming with the construction of The Habitat apartments and Capitol Yards. If the Bridge District's development capacity is maximized, then 12.5 million square feet of residential and commercial development would be created. (5,210 residential units and 7,290,000 square feet of commercial development).
Mill Street Pier
The Mill Street Pier was built in 1957 by the National Rice Mills for River transport of agricultural products. After Rice Mill operations ceased, the Pier fell into disrepair. In 2010 partnerships with the Unger and Ramos Families and Fulcrum Property enabled the city to acquire land to create River Walk Park. In 2012 the City and State Lands Commission began processing the lease of the pier. In May 2013, the City entered into a contract with GHD for design of the rehabilitation project and securing the Central Valley Flood and Fish and Wildlife Permits.