The Parks, Recreation and Intergenerational Services Commission shall provide advice and recommendations to the City Council and staff on matters within the Commission’s scope and duties that have been referred to the Commission by the City Council, Mayor, or City Manager. The scope and duties of the Parks, Recreation and Intergenerational Services Commission shall include, but not necessarily be limited to, the following:
- Parks and Related Facilities and Programs
- Sports and Active Living Programs
- Recreation and Leisure Programs
- Support for Civic and Community-based Organizations
- Community Services, including Health and Welfare concerns
- Adaptation of the full range of City Plans, Projects, Programs and Services to the needs of Seniors and Youth
- Plans for the Provision of Services targeted to the Elderly, including Recreation, Leisure, Housing, Financial Security, and Mobility
- Plans for the Provision of Services targeted to Youth
- Early Learning and Universal Preschool
- Arooj Ahmad
- Daniel Clayton
- Peyton Early
- Matthew Hargrove
- Elizabeth Munguia-Esquivel
- Greg Price
- Danny Sandoval
- Sasha Horwitz, Alternate Member
This commission meets at 6:00 PM on the 1st Tuesday of every even-numbered month in the Council Chambers. All meetings are broadcast live on WAVE Cable channel 20 and AT&T channel 99; and replayed the following Wednesday at 12:00 PM and Friday at 7:00 PM. The commission is staffed by the Parks & Recreation Department (617-4620).
View Meeting and Agenda information.
There are currently no vacancies on this commission. However, the City of West Sacramento is accepting applications to all commissions. Applicants must be at least 18 years old and be residents of the City of West Sacramento. You may submit an application or visit the City Clerk's Office at 1110 West Capitol Avenue, 3rd Floor, West Sacramento, California 95691. If you have any questions, please contact the City Clerk's Office (916) 617-4500.