In December 2005, the Port entered into a contractual agreement with the City of West Sacramento for the City to manage and operate the Port. Through California legislation (AB 2939), the make-up of the Sacramento-Yolo Port District was changed from the Commission comprising of seven regional members to the current model of one Yolo County Supervisor and four representatives from the City of West Sacramento, appointed by the Mayor. The Port Commission is staffed by the City Manager's Office. Staff can be reached at (916) 617-4500.
- Chair Oscar Villegas, Supervisor Yolo County, District One
- Vice-Chair Beverly Sandeen, Councilmember, City of West Sacramento
- Commissioner Christopher Cabaldon, Mayor, City of West Sacramento
- Commissioner Chris Ledesma, Councilmember, City of West Sacramento
- Commissioner Mike McGowan, City of West Sacramento Resident
- Commissioner (Alternate) Quirina Orozco, Mayor Pro Tem, City of West Sacramento
Port Commission meetings are generally scheduled at 5:15 PM on the first Wednesday of each month in coordination with the City Council schedule. All meetings are broadcast live on WAVE Cable channel 20 and AT&T channel 99; and replayed the following Saturday and Sunday at 12:00 PM. The commission is staffed by the City Clerk's Office (617-4500).
View Meetings and Agenda Information.