November 6, 2018 Election
The candidate filing period for the November 6, 2018 election will be open from July 16-August 10. Prospective candidates must contact the City Clerk's office to arrange an appointment to take out and also to return completed candidate packages. Each visit will take approximately one hour.
A Form 501 must be filed by each candidate for local office, including reelection to the same office. This form must be filed before you solicit or receive any contributions and before you make expenditures from personal funds on behalf of your candidacy. The City's Municipal Code requires that all candidate statements must be filed electronically through NetFile. To gain access to this system, please contact the City Clerk's office for assistance in setting up an online account.
There is no filing fee to run for City Council, however, if a candidate wishes to have a printed statement in the sample ballot, the fee for English printing only is $400, and additional languages will be charged in accordance with fees established by Yolo County Elections.
The City of West Sacramento's campaign contribution limit is currently $250. For more information on this, please see Chapter 2.18 of the West Sacramento Municipal Code.
- Christopher L. Cabaldon, Mayor (Term expires November 2018)
- Mark F. Johannessen, Mayor Pro Tem (Term expires November 2018)
- Christopher T. Ledesma, Council Member (Term expires November 2018)
- Quirina Orozco, Council Member (Term expires November 2020)
- Beverly A. Sandeen, Council Member (Term expires November 2020)
Kryss Rankin, City Clerk
City Manager's Office
1110 W. Capitol Avenue
West Sacramento, CA 95691
Fair Political Practices Commission
428 J Street, Suite 800, Sacramento, CA 95814
- Toll Free Technical Assistance: 1-866-275-3772
- Main Number: 916-322-5660
- Fax: 916-322-0886
- Internet: www.fppc.ca.gov
Secretary of State
1500 11th Street, 5th Floor, Sacramento, CA 95814
- General Information: 916-653-6814
- Elections Division: 916-657-2166
- Political Reform Division: 916-653-6224
- Polling Place Information: www.ss.ca.gov/elections
Yolo County Elections Office
625 Court Street, Room B-05, Woodland, CA 95695
- Telephone: 800-649-9943 or 916-375-6490
- Internet: www.yoloelections.org
The City of West Sacramento is a general law city governed by a five-member City Council. City Council Members are elected at large for a four-year term. The Mayor is elected at large for a two-year term. A municipal election is held on the first Tuesday in November in even-numbered years. Each December, the Council meets and chooses one of its members as Mayor Pro Tem.
The City Clerk serves as the election officer and is responsible for issuance and acceptance of nomination papers, city measures and the publication of necessary legal notices. In addition, all campaign disclosure statements and statements of economic interest filings required by the Fair Political Practices Commission are centralized in the City Clerk’s Office.