What You Need to Know
- Marriage ceremonies cannot be performed without a valid marriage license. Marriage licenses are issued by the Yolo County Clerk-Recorder located at 625 Court Street, Woodland, CA 95695, (530) 666-8130.
- The City of West Sacramento does not issue marriage licenses.
- The fee for a regular marriage license is $98.00. The fee for a confidential marriage license is $109.00.
- The ceremony for a regular license may be performed anywhere in the State of California. A confidential license can only be used in the county where it was issued.
- You must have at least one witness present.
Ceremonies are performed by appointment only on a space available basis at your choice of four locations:
- City Council Chambers Landing: 1110 W. Capitol Avenue, 2nd Floor
- City Council Chambers: 1110 W. Capitol Avenue, 2nd Floor
- Boathouse Waterfront Patio: 3560 Boathouse Parkway
Information for additional facility rentals at these locations is available on our Rentals Page or contact the Parks & Recreation Department at (916) 617-4620.
- Ceremony Fee: $102.00*
*Fee includes Marriage Commissioner and 30 minutes use at selected location based on availability.
- Witness Fee: $30.00
(Optional, Provided Only Upon Request)