Liane Lee, Human Resources Manager
1110 West Capitol Avenue, 3rd Floor
West Sacramento, CA 95691
Welcome to the City of West Sacramento's Human Resources Division. The mission of the Human Resources Division is to assist all city departments in the hiring and development of employees in order to provide quality municipal services to residents and business owners in West Sacramento.
What Does Human Resources Do?
It is the mission of the Human Resources Division to work with all City departments to recruit, retain and develop City of West Sacramento employees in order to provide services that are customer responsive, cost effective, aligned with the overall mission of the City and the priorities established by the City Council, and to do so by incorporating the best practices of the human resources profession.
Human Resources is made up of four full-time employees that work with all city departments and divisions, and in virtually every aspect of the employment relationship including recruitment, retention, classification and HR Staff at work compensation, policies, procedures, training and development, benefits administration, wellness, risk management, workers’ compensation, and labor relations.
The Human Resources Division works with all city departments and divisions to provide and maintain a productive workforce. Some of the activities and services the Human Resources Division provides to its customers are listed below.
- Conducts the city’s recruitment and testing activities.
- Maintains the city’s salary schedule and authorized position list.
- Develops, updates and revises classification specifications and ensures that employees are appropriately classified.
- Coordinates training activities.
- Provides guidance to departments on the interpretation of the Personnel Rules, Administrative Policies and Memoranda of Understanding.
- Maintains all personnel records.
- Participates in labor negotiations and employer/employee relations activities.
- Coordinates the worker’s compensation program.
- Co-manages the employee health and welfare programs.
- Conducts employee appreciation and recognition programs.
- Shares in the payroll processing function by maintaining and updating the Human Resources component of the HR/Payroll system.
The Human Resources Division is lead by the Assistant City Manager and is staffed by one Human Resources Manager, one Human Resources Analyst, and two Human Resources Technicians I/II.
This web page is intended to provide employment and human resources related information in West Sacramento. If you cannot find the answer to your question on this website, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at (916) 617-4567.