Update from the City of West Sacramento on the Coronavirus
- For the latest on the City's response to the Coronavius, please visit our COVID-19 main page.
- City Hall is open! Read more about the safety precautions we're taking here.
- The Community Center and Recreation Center will be closed until further notice.
- The City’s core public services are still in operation, including police and fire services, operations and maintenance of critical infrastructure (sewer and water), garbage and recycling services, limited parks maintenance, and management of the City’s emergency operations center.
- Please note: many programs related to Environmental Services are currently on hold. This does not include your trash, recycling and organic service.
- During this time, Waste Management may be reached by calling 866-844-1508, visiting www.sacramentovalley.wm.com or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Effective June 8th, Waste Management's door to door household hazardous (HHW) collection program will reopen. Appointments now accepted, visit www.wmatyourdoor.com or call 800-449-7587 to schedule an appointment.
- Waste Management will resume curbside bulky and extra waste collection programs beginning June 1st, 2020. Please call 866-844-1508 to schedule an appointment.
- The temporary personal trash can program will close on June 5th.
- Effective March 27th, Yolo County Landfill stopped accepting self-haul loads and will only accept business and Landfill account customers. The Landfill will also now be closed on Sundays.
- Effective March 29th, Yolo County Landfill suspended the residential HHW drop-off program. The commercial HHW appointments will continue and residents who are 65 and over or have a disability may still use the County’s HHW appointment program by calling (530) 666-8813.
New State Mandated Organic Recycling Requirements
State Assembly bill 1826 specifies multifamily complexes with 5 or more units who generate waste at threshold levels (4 or more cubic yards of solid waste weekly) must recycle landscape waste and non-hazardous wood waste. To learn more about the mandatory organic recycling (MOR) requirements visit the Cal Recycle Organic Recycling page. Apartments can add organics services by contacting Waste Management direct at (866) 844-1508.
Waste Management, Inc. is the exclusive front load and cart trash
service provider in West Sacramento. Property managers may contact Waste Management directly to set-up or make changes to trash service at (800) 374-4778 or wm.com.
Property Managers: if your complex has 5 or more units, State law requires you to have a recycling program. The city is here to help! For assistance setting up your no additional cost recycling service, call the city today at (916) 617-4590 or email us at email@example.com.
Residents: if your apartment complex does not currently offer recycling services, please let your
complex manager know you would like to recycle. There is no additional cost to the complex to add mixed recycling services, and the complex could actually lower their service costs by diverting the recyclables from the trash.
The City is here to help residents living in apartment complexes recycle right. We offer educational information on what can be recycled in your mixed recycling container and recycling tote bags to carry your recyclables to the recycling bin. Call (916) 617-4590 for more information.
To learn more about mandatory recycling requirements for apartments visit: www.calrecycle.ca.gov/recycle/commercial
How to Recycle
Confused about what can be recycled? Check out our brochure! You can also call us at (916) 617-4590 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. To see a list of other recycling and disposal options, visit our A-Z Page.