Update from the City of West Sacramento on the Coronavirus
- The City of West Sacramento proclaimed a local state of emergency on March 16, 2020 to address the Coronavirus (COVID-19) public health threat. This proclamation allows the City to streamline the process of obtaining resources in the form of funding, mutual aid, and operations to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- City Hall, the Recreation Center, Community Center and related programs are now closed to the public through at least Monday, April 13, 2020. Non-essential City staff in those buildings will be telecommuting or on leave during this time.
- The City’s core public services will not be affected and will continue, including police and fire services, operations and maintenance of critical infrastructure (sewer and water), garbage and recycling services, limited parks maintenance, and management of the City’s emergency operations center.
- Please note: all programs related to Environmental Services (including the Smart Controller Rebate program) are currently on hold. This does not include your trash, recycling and organic service.
- During this time, Waste Management may be reached by visiting www.sacramentovalley.wm.com or by emailing email@example.com.
- Effective March 23rd, Waste Management suspended its door-to-door household hazardous waste (HHW) collection program.
- Effective March 30th, Waste Management suspended the bulky waste collection appointment program.
- Effective March 30th, Waste Management will not collect extra materials (trash, recycling, organics). Customers may use their own cans for extra materials but WM cautions that they cannot guarantee those carts will not be damaged or accidentally dropped into the collection vehicle by the automated loader.
- Effective March 27th, Yolo County Landfill stopped accepting self-haul loads and will only accept business and Landfill account customers. The Landfill will also now be closed on Sundays.
- Effective March 29th, Yolo County Landfill suspended the residential HHW drop-off program. The commercial HHW appointments will continue and residents who are 65 and over or have a disability may still use the County’s HHW appointment program by calling (530) 666-8813.
Front Load Dumpster Services
The City of West Sacramento has an exclusive contract with Waste Management to provide front load dumpster service. Residents and businesses may order a front load dumpster directly from Waste Management by calling (800) 374-4778.
Roll-Off Box Services
To order a debris or roll-off box, residents and businesses may call any of the permitted haulers listed here. Please note, placement of roll-off box in the City right-of-way requires an Encroachment Permit. For additional information, contact the City Community Development Department at (916) 617-4645.
Becoming a Permitted Hauler in West Sacramento
Municipal Code Section 8.08.080 requires that any individual or business that is paid to haul material from West Sacramento to a landfill must be a permitted hauler. To become a permitted hauler, please use the links below:
- Hauling Permit Terms and Conditions
- Hauling Permit Application
- Hauling Permit Fee Rates
- Hauling Reporting Form (hauling is primary business)
- Hauling Reporting Form (hauling is not primary business, e.g. Construction cleanup companies)
Attention, as of April 1, 2017 the City of West Sacramento Non-Exclusive Refuse Collection Permit fee for businesses whose primary business is clean-up will be calculated using $113/ton for solid waste collected. This fee increase will not affect those permit holders whose primary business is waste hauling and pay permit fees based upon gross billings. For additional information about refuse collection permit fees, please contact the Environmental Services Division at (916) 617-4590 or firstname.lastname@example.org.