Update from the City of West Sacramento on the Coronavirus
- For the latest on the City's response to the Coronavius, please visit our COVID-19 main page.
- City Hall is open! Read more about the safety precautions we're taking here.
- The Community Center and Recreation Center will be closed until further notice.
- The City’s core public services are still in operation, including police and fire services, operations and maintenance of critical infrastructure (sewer and water), garbage and recycling services, limited parks maintenance, and management of the City’s emergency operations center.
- Please note: many programs related to Environmental Services are currently on hold. This does not include your trash, recycling and organic service.
- During this time, Waste Management may be reached by calling 866-844-1508, visiting www.sacramentovalley.wm.com or by emailing email@example.com.
- Effective March June 8th, Waste Management's door to door household hazardous waste (HHW) collection will reopen. Appointments now accepted, visit www.wmatyourdoor.com or call 800-449-7587 to schedule an appointment.
- Waste Management will resume curbside bulky and extra waste collection programs beginning June 1st, 2020. Please call 866-844-1508 to schedule an appointment.
- The temporary personal trash can program will close on June 5th.
- Effective Saturday April 18th, the Yolo County Central Landfill will reopen to all customers. The Household Hazardous Waste Facility will also reopen. Before visiting the landfill, please read this press release for important details.
Front Load Dumpster Services
The City of West Sacramento has an exclusive contract with Waste Management to provide front load dumpster service. Residents and businesses may order a front load dumpster directly from Waste Management by calling (800) 374-4778.
Roll-Off Box Services
To order a debris or roll-off box, residents and businesses may call any of the permitted haulers listed here. Please note, placement of roll-off box in the City right-of-way requires an Encroachment Permit. For additional information, contact the City Community Development Department at (916) 617-4645.
Becoming a Permitted Hauler in West Sacramento
Municipal Code Section 8.08.080 requires that any individual or business that is paid to haul material from West Sacramento to a landfill must be a permitted hauler. To become a permitted hauler, please use the links below:
- Hauling Permit Terms and Conditions
- Hauling Permit Application
- Hauling Permit Fee Rates
- Hauling Reporting Form (hauling is primary business)
- Hauling Reporting Form (hauling is not primary business, e.g. Construction cleanup companies)
Attention, as of April 1, 2017 the City of West Sacramento Non-Exclusive Refuse Collection Permit fee for businesses whose primary business is clean-up will be calculated using $113/ton for solid waste collected. This fee increase will not affect those permit holders whose primary business is waste hauling and pay permit fees based upon gross billings. For additional information about refuse collection permit fees, please contact the Environmental Services Division at (916) 617-4590 or firstname.lastname@example.org.