Update from the City of West Sacramento on the Coronavirus
- For the latest on the City's response to the Coronavius, please visit our COVID-19 main page.
- City Hall is open! Read more about the safety precautions we're taking here.
- The Community Center and Recreation Center will be closed until further notice.
- The City’s core public services are still in operation, including police and fire services, operations and maintenance of critical infrastructure (sewer and water), garbage and recycling services, limited parks maintenance, and management of the City’s emergency operations center.
- Please note: many programs related to Environmental Services are currently on hold. This does not include your trash, recycling and organic service.
Commercial businesses can prevent stormwater pollution through good housekeeping, as well as industry-specific pollution prevention. Some industries require stormwater permits from the Waterboards. Please see our IGP page for more information.
All businesses should be mindful of impacting stormwater quality. Examples include:
• Managing trash and recycling to prevent litter
• Managing landscape watering to prevent run-off
• Integrating safer practices for pest management and landscape maintenance (see our IPM page)
• Washing company vehicles and equipment in wash racks or at commercial wash facilities
• Having spill kits and spill response trainings so that staff are prepared before spills happen
For help with stormwater pollution prevention at your business, please contact the Environmental Services Division at (916) 617-4590.
Industry-Specific Best Management Practices (BMPs)
Some business operations also can threaten stormwater – see below for industry-specific BMPs.
- Mobile Carwash
- Small Project Contractor
- Pool Draining Service
- Pool Contractor
- Pool Maintenance Service
- Power Washing
- Construction Projects
- Auto Body Shops
- Auto Repair Facilities
- Ready Mix Concrete
Fats, Oil and Grease
Find more information on the proper management of Fats, Oil, and Grease.