Update from the City of West Sacramento on the Coronavirus
- The City of West Sacramento proclaimed a local state of emergency on March 16, 2020 to address the Coronavirus (COVID-19) public health threat. This proclamation allows the City to streamline the process of obtaining resources in the form of funding, mutual aid, and operations to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- City Hall, the Recreation Center, Community Center and related programs are now closed to the public through at least Monday, April 13, 2020. Non-essential City staff in those buildings will be telecommuting or on leave during this time.
- The City’s core public services will not be affected and will continue, including police and fire services, operations and maintenance of critical infrastructure (sewer and water), garbage and recycling services, limited parks maintenance, and management of the City’s emergency operations center.
- Please note: all programs related to Environmental Services (including the Smart Controller Rebate program) are currently on hold. This does not include your trash, recycling and organic service.
Commercial businesses can prevent stormwater pollution through good housekeeping, as well as industry-specific pollution prevention. Some industries require stormwater permits from the Waterboards. Please see our IGP page for more information.
All businesses should be mindful of impacting stormwater quality. Examples include:
• Managing trash and recycling to prevent litter
• Managing landscape watering to prevent run-off
• Integrating safer practices for pest management and landscape maintenance (see our IPM page)
• Washing company vehicles and equipment in wash racks or at commercial wash facilities
• Having spill kits and spill response trainings so that staff are prepared before spills happen
For help with stormwater pollution prevention at your business, please contact the Environmental Services Division at (916) 617-4590.
Industry-Specific Best Management Practices (BMPs)
Some business operations also can threaten stormwater – see below for industry-specific BMPs.
- Mobile Carwash
- Small Project Contractor
- Pool Draining Service
- Pool Contractor
- Pool Maintenance Service
- Power Washing
- Construction Projects
- Auto Body Shops
- Auto Repair Facilities
- Ready Mix Concrete
Fats, Oil and Grease
Find more information on the proper management of Fats, Oil, and Grease.