Update from the City of West Sacramento on the Coronavirus
- The City of West Sacramento proclaimed a local state of emergency on March 16, 2020 to address the Coronavirus (COVID-19) public health threat. This proclamation allows the City to streamline the process of obtaining resources in the form of funding, mutual aid, and operations to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- City Hall, the Recreation Center, Community Center and related programs are now closed to the public through at least Monday, April 13, 2020. Non-essential City staff in those buildings will be telecommuting or on leave during this time.
- The City’s core public services will not be affected and will continue, including police and fire services, operations and maintenance of critical infrastructure (sewer and water), garbage and recycling services, limited parks maintenance, and management of the City’s emergency operations center.
- Please note: all programs related to Environmental Services (including the Smart Controller Rebate program) are currently on hold. This does not include your trash, recycling and organic service.
Smart Irrigation Controller Rebate TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED
The City of West Sacramento is now offering $150 for replacing your existing conventional irrigation controller with a WaterSense(sm) labeled irrigation controller. These "smart" controllers use local weather data and landscape conditions to tailor watering schedules to actual conditions onsite. The result is less work for the homeowner and increased water efficiency. To get started, review the "Checklist" and "Terms and Conditions" and then fill out the application.
Please Note: You must apply and be approved before purchasing a new smart controller.
Applications are due May 1st, 2020. Please apply before this date.
- Terms and Conditions
- WaterSense (SM) Labelled Irrigation Controllers List
Sign up for a free survey of your outdoor landscape system. This includes: usage history*, soil type, irrigation station locations, issues (like broken or misaligned sprinkler heads), potential water savings, suggested sprinkler schedule and more.
In addition to a free survey, residents will receive an indoor plumbing handbook, and residents may also qualify for a free sprinkler nozzle starter kit. This kit is a set of 10 highly efficient nozzles that twist right onto existing sprinklers.
* Please Note: some houses are not yet equipped with water meters and will not provide usage history.
To apply, fill out the application below and send to staff.
"Save Our Water" Turf Rebate
Turf Replacement Program. Replace your grass and receive a rebate up to $2,000! Please Note: the turf replacement program is offered by the Department of Water Resources and not by the City of West Sacramento.
Update: Funding for the Save Our Water Turf Replacement Program has been fully committed, and no additional applications for rebates will be accepted at this time.
For questions, please visit SaveOurWaterRebates.com or call 844-642-7410.