FAQ's Regarding the Hiring Process
The City of West Sacramento Fire Department utilizes a statewide list established by the California Fire Fighter Joint Apprenticeship Committee (CFFJAC) and administered by the Firefighter Candidate Testing Center (FCTC) to hire for the position of Fire Recruit.
Eligibility Requirements for a Position as a Fire Recruit for the WSFD
- Be on the FCTC statewide list
- Valid and current EMT Certificate
- Valid and current California Driver’s License
Qualifications Required to be Placed on the FCTC Statewide List
- Be 18 years or older
- Possess a high school diploma or GED
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Possess a valid CPAT card
- Have completed your FCTC on-line application (including uploading all required documentation)
Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT)
Additional certifications, licenses or experience that are desired but not required by WSFD include: Firefighter 1, AA, AS, BA or BS.
City of West Sacramento Fire Department Recruitment
We encourage all interested candidates to become eligible by participating in both the FCTC Written Test and CPAT. When the WSFD is ready to hire, it will use FCTC's statewide list to select candidates.