The West Sacramento Fire Department administers fire and life safety regulations for all properties within the West Sacramento city limits. Permits must be obtained from the Fire Department for special events, public assembly occupancies, storage or use of hazardous materials, hazardous operations such as hot work and spray finishing, storage of high-piled combustible materials and a wide variety of other activities where a fire or life safety hazard may exist.
In order to assist you in determining whether or not a fire permit is required for your operation, click here for a listing the different types of operations that may require permits and inspections from the Fire Department.
Note: The first step to starting a business in West Sacramento is to apply for a Business License.
To view some of the most commonly issued permits, click on any of these links:
- Compressed Gas
- Flammable and Combustible Liquids - Inside Storage
- Flammable and Combustible Liquids - Outside Storage
- Fuel Dispensing Facility - Gas Station
- Hazardous Materials - Store, Use and Handle
- High Piled Combustible Storage
- Hot Work Operations - Welding
- Repair Garage Flammable Liquid and LPG Fueled Vehicles