The City Council adopted Ordinance 11-2 which regulates the possession, sale, and use of fireworks within the City of West Sacramento. State of California approved Safe and Sane Fireworks are permitted to be sold and used within the City of West Sacramento as outlined in the West Sacramento Fireworks Ordinance.
The City Council also adopted Resolution 11-5 which grants eight Fireworks Sales Permits to organizations meeting specific guidelines outlined in the West Sacramento Fireworks Ordinance. The permits are awarded by lottery, information on the lottery can be found below.
2020 Fireworks Lottery Winners and Stand Locations
West Sacramento Chapter #1431 Women of the Moose-1601 West Capitol Ave.
East Yolo Information Center-1300 Jefferson Blvd.
River City Christian Academy-755 Riverpoint Ct.
River City Junior Raiders- Club Pheasant
Holy Cross Knights of Columbus #7634-1298 West Capitol Ave.
River City Music Boosters-2250 Lake Washington Blvd.
Community Lutheran Church-940 Sacramento Ave.
Knights of Columbus #9469-2455 Jefferson Blvd.
- City of West Sacramento Municipal Code Chapter 8.12 regulating the possession, sale, and use of fireworks.
- City of West Sacramento Policy for the issuance of fireworks permits.
State of California Approved Safe and Sane Fireworks Sales Permit Information
Use of State of California Approved Safe and Sane Fireworks
State of California Approved Safe and Sane Fireworks can be utilized within the City of West Sacramento during the period of 12 noon on the 28th of June through 12 noon on the 6th of July of the same calendar year.
Public Displays of Fireworks
- Dangerous (Illegal) Fireworks are those not approved as "Safe and Sane" by the California State Fire Marshal's Office, are a misdemeanor violation, and in some cases a felony.
- These charges can result in a citation or arrest.
- If a fire is caused as a result of dangerous (illegal) fireworks, those responsible could be charged with arson or unlawfully causing a fire which are both felony violations.
- CA law requires an officer to witness the misdemeanor violation or requires a private person who witnessed the violation to be willing to file charges.
- Please call Non-Emergency Dispatch at (916) 372-3375 to report dangerous (illegal) fireworks.
- Fireworks can be turned in at the West Sacramento Police Department, West Sacramento Fire Department Station 45 at 2040 Lake Washington Blvd, or by calling Non-Emergency Dispatch at (916) 372-3375.