What Does Parks & Recreation Do?
West Sacramento Parks & Recreation consists of four separate functions: a Parks Division, Recreation Division, Early Learning Services, and our Tree Program. The Parks Department provides recreation and leisure opportunities with its park facilities and recreation programming. These programs are designed to help local residents improve their overall health and quality of life.
Elkhorn Park Reopens!
Elkhorn Park in the Broderick neighborhood of West Sacramento has reopened after significant upgrades. Mayor Christopher Cabaldon spoke at a ceremony on March 23rd attended by Washington Unified School District Superintendent Linda Luna, and students from adjacent Elkhorn Elementary school who were the first to try out the park’s new play equipment.
Renovations over the past five months include:
- Installation of a new state-of-the art play structure
- Face to face expression swings which allow both adult and child to swing together
- Adult fitness stations located immediately adjacent to the play equipment to allow families to exercise and play together
- Renovated horse shoe pits, picnic tables and an upgraded walking path to meet ADA requirements
- A renovated shade structure to protect a new game board/picnic table and community BBQ
These improvements were made possible through grant funding received from the National Recreation and Parks Association and the Walt Disney Corporation through their “Meet Me At The Park” grant program and the California Parks and Recreation Society and GameTime through their Healthy Play Initiative match funding program. Additional community partners who helped facilitate the park make-over include: Washington Unified School District, Bayer Crop Science and The Regional Center for Volunteerism - Hands On Sacramento, Northern California Construction Training Program, Northern California Cement Masons Apprentice Program, Bryte and Broderick Community Action Network and Yolo County Children’s Alliance.
Summer 2019 Registration Days
April 11, 2019 at 8:30am*
Sports Camp, Camp Lakeside, KIDS, Teen Camp, Tennis Camp, Skate Camp, Jr. Giants
April 18, 2019 at 8:30am*
Sessions 1 & 2 Swim Lessons
*Non-Resident registration will begin at noon on the days above. Residents may be required to provide proof of residency.
- Special Events
- Rentals: Parks & Facilities
- Latest Map Showing All Of Our City Parks and Public Facilities