You can submit your completed Park/Facility Reservation Application at the Community Center, Recreation Center or e-mail. Once your application is reviewed by the responsible supervisor, you will be contacted on how to proceed.
Nearly every park in West Sacramento has picnic benches, but not all parks have picnic areas that can be reserved for private parties. The following is a list of those parks that have picnic areas that can be reserved:
- Bridgeway Island Park
- Bridgeway Lakes Park*
- Bryte Park* - Bounce Houses are NOT allowed
- Elkhorn Park
- Linden Park*
- Memorial Park*
- River Walk Park*
- Sam Combs Park
- Southport Gateway Park
- Summerfield Park*
- Westacre Playfields
*These parks have restroom facilities.
Bridgeway Lakes Spray Ground
The Spray Ground at Bridgeway Lakes Park is not a rentable facility.
River Walk Park
Located along the west bank of the Sacramento River between the Tower and I Street bridges, River Walk Park offers a unique view of the Sacramento skyline and Old Sacramento that you cannot find anywhere else. The park has picnic areas that can be reserved for private parties and a grand staircase that is used for special events, including weddings and concerts. For more information about the facility or rental rates please contact the Parks & Recreation Department at (916) 617-4620. All reservations must be made at least 30 days in advance. Alcohol is not allowed in parks except with an approved Special Event Permit.
Sports Fields and Courts
Nearly every park in West Sacramento has sports fields and courts, but not all parks have sports fields and courts that can be reserved for practices, games and other league play. The following is a list of those parks that have sports facilities that can be reserved and the amenities that are available:
- Alyce Norman Playfields – (1 NFL FLAG football field; 3 youth baseball fields; 4 girls softball fields)
- Boisclair Park (1 full court basketball)
- Bridgeway Island Park (2 NFL FLAG football fields)
- Bridgeway Lakes Park (1 adult baseball field – 90 foot base paths)
- Bryte Park (1 full basketball court; 2 youth baseball fields - 60 foot base paths; 1 adult baseball field – 90 foot base paths; 2 lighted adult softball fields; and 8 soccer fields - 3 bantam, 2 intermediate, and 3 adult).
- Delta Gardens (1 half court basketball)
- Elkhorn Park (1 adult soccer field)
- Memorial Park (1 half basketball court; 4 youth baseball fields)
- Summerfield Park (1 full basketball court; 2 intermediate size soccer fields
- Westacre Playfields (1 full basketball court; 1 adult soccer field)
- Westfield Playfield (2 girls softball fields)
Some parks have other sports amenities (such as small backstops, horseshoe pits, and volleyball poles) that can be used on a first come, first served basis. For more information about the facility/park or rental rates please contact the Parks & Recreation Department at (916) 617-4620.