A special event permit application is required for those events with the following conditions:
- Alcohol will be served or sold
- Street or sidewalk closure is required
- Traffic control is needed
- Amplified or elevated sound is involved
- Tent canopies or awnings over 200 square feet will be used
- Temporary structures i.e. stages will be constructed
- Armed security will be present
- There will be more than 100 attendees
For exceptions see City Municipal Code Section 12.08.030.
Permit Application forms are to be filed no less than thirty (30) days prior to the event or will be subject to late fees. These forms, including all necessary attachments, are to be submitted to City Hall First Floor with Parks and Recreation to Ana Padilla. The Permit Application fee and any applicable fees are to be paid at the time of application submission.
Upon submission of all required form(s), the Parks and Recreation Department will circulate the form(s) to the appropriate City departments and regulatory agencies for approval. The contact person(s) listed on the application form will be notified of their approval status within fifteen (15) calendar days. The Parks and Recreation Department reserves the right to assess each event and determine if a notification or permit is required.
For events that do not have any of the above listed special conditions, please refer to the Special Event Notification Page.
Special Events At River Walk Park
DUE TO SEVERAL EXCITING RIVERFRONT CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS CURRENTLY UNDERWAY AND FUTURE SCHEDULED PROJECTS, THE AVAILABILITY OF RIVER WALK PARK IS LIMITED. PRIOR TO SUBMITTING SPECIAL EVENT PERMIT PAPERWORK PLEASE CONTACT THE PARKS & RECREATION DEPARTMENT TO VERIFY AVAILABILITY 916-617-4620.
- 100-499 People: $15.00
- 500-2,999 People: $35.00
- 3,000+ People: $50.00
- If filed no later than thirty (30) days before the special event: no late fee
- If filed no later than fifteen (15) days before the special event: $15.00
- If filed no later than seven (7) days before the special event: $35.00