* Postponed at this time due COVID-19 *
A half day camp program featuring daily arts and crafts, games, sports & water fun! Free lunch provided each day for youth at sites that qualify for the USDA Child Nutrition Summer Food Service Program.
Age: 5 - 10 years of age (must be in Kindergarten - 5th grade)
Days: Monday - Friday
Time: 10 am to 2 pm
Dates: Summer 2020
- Summer Session 1 - June 15 - 19
- Summer Session 2 - June 22 - 26
- Summer Session 4 - June 29 - July 2 (No program on July 3rd in observation of July 4th)
- Summer Session 4 - July 6- 10
- Summer Session 5 - July 13 - 17
- Summer Session 6- July 20 - 24
- Various Washington Unified School District school sites - TBD
Three Ways to Register: Registration for 2020 - Postponed at this time due COVID-19
*Non-Resident registration will begin at noon on registration day. Residents may be required to provide proof of residency.
- Online (You must create an account before completing your registration)
- At the Parks & Recreation Community Center, 1075 West Capitol Ave.
- At the Recreation Center, 2801 Jefferson Blvd.
K.I.D.S. Camp is offered indoors at local elementary schools in order to stay out of the heat and for those poor air quality days! Don't worry, participants will still spend time outdoors each day. Lunch will be served daily at all K.I.D.S Camp sites.
Fee Assistance: Fee assistance is available for those who meet the income eligibility requirements for a free or reduced school lunch with the Washington Unified School District- all applications will be verified. Please complete a Fee Assistance Request Form and submit to the Parks & Recreation Community Center, 1075 West Capitol Ave, West Sacramento, CA 95691. If approved, a one time fee of $15 per child for all six weeks will be required at registration.
K.I.D.S. program sites serve a free lunch to children at qualifying sites in accordance with the Federal law and USDA policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability. To file a complaint of discrimination write USDA, Director, Office of Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue S.W., Washington, DC 20250-9410 or call (800) 795-3272 or (202) 720-6382 (TYY).