* Postponed at this time due COVID-19 *
KidZone/Club West is a partnership between Washington Unified School District (WUSD) and the City to provide quality, enriching, after-school services to the youth of West Sacramento funded under Proposition 49. The After School Education & Safety (ASES) Grant provides funds for KidZone & Club West which operates throughout the school-year providing academic, enrichment, and recreation activities which include provision of a daily supper and snack, disguised learning activities, physical activity, and arts & crafts. In partnership with the WUSD, your child will enjoy a safe and positive environment where they can laugh, sing, play and make new friends! Please contact (916) 617-4620 for more information.
Age: KidZone, Kindergarten (afternoon or extended day only) - 5th grade & Club West, 6th-8th grade
Day(s): Monday- Friday
Date(s): Follows school year calendar
Time: School dismissal to 6:00pm
Elkhorn Village Elementary
Westmore Oaks Elementary
Minimum abilities required to participate
In order to properly maintain a safe and healthy environment of all children attending KidZone and Club West, children must maintain the following minimum standards:
- Ability to understand and follow basic directions and rules of the program for staff to maintain proper supervision and safety standards.
- Ability to maintain basic self-control to ensure the safety of themselves and others in the program.
- Ability to handle own personal hygiene/bathroom needs.
ASES Application Procedures
- Fill one application per family
- Make sure all selections of the application are complete
- Incomplete applications will be returned and placed on the waitlist
- Return the application to your school's office before February 21st
- Your signature is required at the school's office when you turn in your application
- If a student qualifies, parents will be notified by March 6th
- All remaining students and any applications received after February 21st will be placed on the waitlist
ASES Student Enrollment Guidelines
WUSD Board of Trustees has approved the following priorities for students to enroll in the ASES after school program:
- Homeless or Foster youth.
- Students in 6th, 7th & 8th grades that attend daily.
- Students identified in need of supplemental or concentrated support by LCFF.
- Siblings of enrolled 6th, 7th & 8th-grade students already in the program.
- Students identified as in need of academic remediation or support at the discretion of the principal or designee.
- Remaining K-5 spots will be filled at random.
- If a student qualifies, parents will be notified by March 6.
- Remaining spots will be filled from the waitlist as they become available.
- Applications received after February 21st will be placed on the waitlist.
Schedule and Attendance
KidZone and Club West begins at the end of the regular school day Monday through Friday. State guidelines require children to regularly attend the after school program until 6:00 pm. Students are required to attend daily, 15 hours a week for kindergarten through 5th grade and 9 hours a week for 6th through 8th grade. If your child attends the regular school day, he/she must attend the after school program. After three (3) unexcused absences participants may be dropped from the program.
For enrollment and waitlist inquiries please email KidZone.ClubWest@gmail.com