The West Sacramento Police Department Volunteers in Policing Program (V.I.P.) is comprised of citizen volunteers over 18 years of age. By matching skills with Department needs, we can utilize a resource that can improve our effectiveness and efficiency. This also increases the level of service we can provide to the community.
Our volunteers perform a variety of duties and assist in various functions of the Police Department:
- Receptionist, "Public Greeter" at the Front Desk.
- Patrol City Parks and Schools for Suspicious Activities.
- Transport Vehicles and Equipment, as Needed.
- Assist Crime Prevention Unit and Neighborhood/business Watch Program.
- Assist Youth Diversion Officer.
- Bicycle Registration and Tracking.
- Attend and Assist With Community Events.
- Conduct Tours of the Police Department.
- Clerical Support.
- Livescan Fingerprinting.
- Vacation House Checks.
The West Sacramento Police Department is always accepting applications for our VIP Program. For more information on applying, contact Taylor Nelson, Police Services Coordinator at 916-617-5328 or Taylorn@cityofwestsacramento.org.