Recycling in West Sacramento is easy thanks to the City’s curbside mixed recycling program. Residents simply place all recyclable items in the provided 64-gallon rolling recycling cart (cart with the green lid) and place it at the curb for pick-up once a week.
- Aluminum Cans
- Tin/steel Cans (Soup, Dog & Cat Food, Vegetable, Beans, Etc)
- Empty Aerosol Cans (Non Hazardous)
- Newspapers (Place Loose Inside Cart or Bagged in a Paper Bag)
- Mixed Paper (Magazines, Catalogs, Mail, Colored Papers, Gift Cards & Wrap, Shirt
- Boxes, Phone Books) Food, Cereal, Detergent Boxes
- Plastic Food and Beverage Containers #1-7, (Except #6 - Styrofoam)
- All Other Clear or Colored Plastic Containers #1-7 (Except #6 -styrofoam)
- Glass - Clear and Colored Bottles and Jars, Metal Lids Too.
- Cardboard Boxes (Flatten and Place Loose Inside Cart. Extra May Be Cut or Folded to
- Fit Into the Cart and Placed in Bundles Next to the Cart)
- Juice Boxes & Milk Cartons
- Stemware of Glassware
- Mirrors or Window Glass
- Light Bulbs
- Food Contaminated Cardboard or Paper
- Ceramics (Dishes or Cups)
- Plastic or Wax-coated Paper Products (Cups or Plates)
- Cat Litter
- Plastic Bags
- Mini Blinds
Many other items are recyclable, but for differing reasons, may not be placed in your curbside recycling cart. Click here for more information.