Fire Hydrant Permit

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

The purpose of the Fire Hydrant Meter Permit Program is to help the City track the amount of water used during construction. Prior to construction, contractors must obtain a hydrant meter permit. All fees and deposits under the fire hydrant permit shall be paid prior to permit issuance.

The following are some frequently asked questions:

Where do I apply for a Fire Hydrant Meter Permit?

We are located at 1951 South River Road. Our hours are 8:00am to 3:00pm.

Is there anything else needed besides a hydrant meter for construction purposes?

Yes, a backflow device is always needed whenever water is being used/metered from a fire hydrant. You can use your own backflow device, rent the city’s, or use a City of West Sacramento permitted water truck.

If my truck has a 2-inch air gap, do I still need a backflow device?

No, but you will need an Air Gap permit.

How much does it cost for an Air Gap permit for a water truck?

$50.00, and it is valid for one year.

Will I be required to pay a deposit if I’m working on a City project?

Yes. However, you will only be required to pay a refundable deposit. All rental and water use fees will be charged to the project, as long as you can provide a valid work order number which is issued by the engineering division.

Fire Hydrant Permit Conditions

Please contact us at (916) 617-4850 to confirm your estimated costs.