The Water Treatment Plant Laboratory staff performs sampling and analysis of drinking water throughout the plant, the treatment process, and the community to ensure the drinking water is of a consistently high quality. The laboratory also responds to community water concerns and carries out investigative studies regarding water quality. The George Kristoff Treatment Plant Laboratory is responsible for reporting City of West Sacramento's drinking water to the California State Department of Health Services, Drinking Water Program. Services provided by the George Kristoff Water Treatment Plant Laboratory include:
- Monitors drinking water quality to ensure it is of a consistently high quality.
- Provides services essential to support the operating and monitoring requirements for the Water Treatment Plant.
- Responds to consumer water quality concerns.
- Monitors water quality of distribution system and water shed.
- Provides services to Capital and related environmental programs.