Home Plate - College Promise
Starting during the fall of 2017, every West Sacramento student graduating from high school and directly enrolling full-time in a program of study at one of the three Sacramento City College (SCC) campuses will be eligible for up to two semesters of free fees called the West Sacramento College Promise. The West Sacramento College Promise is comprised of two programs, up to one year of fee free community college for graduating seniors and a points-based scholarship of up to $1,000 that integrates a number of criteria to calculate the scholarship amount, including the number of digital badges earned by a learner. The integration of the points-based scholarship component of the West Sacramento College Promise will be launched at a later date.
Eligibility Requirements for up to one year of fee-free tuition at a local community college:
West Sacramento residency - Proof of residency will be established by a combination of utility bills showing West Sacramento residency and transcripts or other enrollment records from a high school of the Washington Unified School District;
- Students have been a West Sacramento resident for at least one year (same as the Board of Governor's (BOG) Fee Waiver) as demonstrated by one or more of the means identified above;
- Students must enroll within six months of graduating from high school;
- Completion of a Student Educational Plan showing a declared major (program of study) leading to a degree/certificate or transfer goal at a SCC;
- Full-time enrollment (12 or more units) at SCC (Disability Services and Programs for Students (DSPS) exemption may apply); and
- Completion of a FAFSA form.
To learn if you are eligible for the West Sacramento College Promise, go to Sacramento City College’s Website to complete an application.