Through the six interconnected programs of the West Sacramento Home Run, the City of West Sacramento will be a thriving community that benefits children, families and local businesses by providing access to high-quality early learning for all children, opportunities to develop valuable workplace skills, and financial assistance for post-secondary education and training.
West Sacramento’s young people will “run the bases” of the West Sacramento Home Run and return to “home plate” in West Sacramento to work, start businesses and raise their own families.
The Home Run Initiative
There are many ways for families and businesses in West Sacramento to participate in and benefit from this innovative cradle to college and career initiative. The Home Run benefits local businesses and families with children of all ages, helping them achieve success in their education and careers.
Home Run Objectives:
- Promote quality early childhood education for all children;
- Increase financial literacy among families;
- Improve career-readiness among young people, including paid internships;
- Enhance the skills and qualifications of the local workforce;
- Strengthen relationships between local schools and employers;
- Provide financial support to encourage post-secondary attendance and completion.
Our Successes Since 2017 Launch
CHILDREN WHO COMPLETED
COLLEGE PROMISE RECIPIENTS
Home Run Team Attends Fall Festival
Check out how families enjoyed spending time with the Home Run team.
11/01/2019 8:30 AM
2019 Home Run Internship Video
Check out this video that one of our very own interns created!
10/30/2019 2:58 PM
Home Run Fall Newsletter 2019
In this issue: Intern highlights, internship impact, and upcoming opportunities!
10/25/2019 3:50 PM