Stay up to Date with the Home Run
Through the six programs of the West Sacramento Home Run, the City of West Sacramento will be a thriving community that benefits children, families and local businesses by providing access to high-quality early learning for all children, opportunities to develop valuable workplace skills, and financial assistance for post-secondary education and training.
West Sacramento’s young people will “run the bases” of the West Sacramento Home Run and return to “home plate” in West Sacramento to work, start businesses and raise their own families.
The Home Run Initiative
There are many ways for families and businesses in West Sacramento to participate in and benefit from this innovative cradle to college and career initiative. The Home Run benefits local businesses and families with children of all ages, helping them achieve success in their education and careers.
Home Run Objectives:
- Promote quality early childhood education for all children;
- Increase financial literacy among families;
- Improve career-readiness among young people, including paid internships;
- Enhance the skills and qualifications of the local workforce;
- Strengthen relationships between local schools and employers;
- Encourage savings and provide financial support for post-secondary attendance and completion.
Our Successes Since 2017 Launch
CHILDREN WHO COMPLETED
COLLEGE PROMISE RECIPIENTS
Win $1,529 for Your Child's CSA Account
Did you know that when you open and link your ScholarShare California's 529 College Savings Plan account you are automatically entered to win $1,529 for your child's account?
02/27/2020 12:27 PM
Holidays and College Savings
This holiday season Americans are expected to spend $700 on holiday gifts and goodies. Take a look at how some West Sacramento grandparents are looking to split up their holiday spending so they can set their grandchildren up for financial freedom.
12/05/2019 12:30 PM