Child Care During Shelter in Place:
- Child care providers can only provide care for 12 children at a time.
- Care is only available for essential workers.
- Children must be in a stable group on an ongoing basis during the entire duration of care.
- Groups of children cannot be mixed, switched or combined.
- Nannies and babysitters are not permitted, unless they live with the family and/or are providing medical care for the child.
- Child care providers can take on new children of essential workers- but must follow the safety protocol outlined by the county and state.
Yolo County Shelter in Place Directives: https://www.yolocounty.org/Home/ShowDocument?id=62366
Are you an essential worker looking for care?
The City of West Sacramento is pleased to support our city’s essential workers by connecting them with emergency child care during the COVID-19 situation. Please fill out the form below to find child care available in West Sacramento. A staff member will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
Are you an essential worker that needs help paying for care?
Effective immediately, Children’s Home Society is accepting eligibility applications for essential workers needing childcare in Yolo County. The funding is temporary through June 30, 2020.
The eligibility criteria is as follows:
- The family works as an essential worker as defined. If the family includes a two-parent household, both parents/caregivers must either be essential workers or the other parent must be unable to provide care for the child due to incapacitation
- The family requires childcare to perform their essential work
- The family is not able to complete their work remotely
- The family assets do not exceed $1,000,000
To apply, essential workers must submit an eligibility application on our website here:
*They must indicate that their need for child care is “Emergency Child Care” when answering questions regarding reason for needing child care*
Tools and Resources:
To help ensure the safety of your children, employees and community please take note of the following safety precautions that we are asking child care providers to follow at this time. More tools and resources are available for child care providers through the link above.
We recommend sending this letter home to families who are receiving care, so they are up to date on the latest health precautions your site is taking.
This is a great resource to send out to families who are at home coping with the uncertainty of COVID-19.
Additional resources can also be found here.
At this time child care is only available to those who are essential workers. Here you can find a list of child care sites that are currently open in West Sacramento. Please reach out to them directly to inquire about availability.